Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Introducing David's Snarky Politics Place

From David's Snarky Politics Place

Hey, look--it's my Dad! Happy belated Veterans' Day to one and all, including "Snarky" (David).

I'd have signed up, too, but I guess we were too white-bread middle-class...when we got to the recruiter's office in response to an invitation I received while in college to sign up for OCS, they wouldn't give us the time of day...! GO NAVY just the same! Oh, and GO ARMY for my uncle who fought in Korea. GO MARINES for my old neighbors, and GO AIR FORCE for the all-around good guy who sat at the desk behind me at one of my old jobs.

I don't believe in wars of aggression or corporate greed, but I do believe that, as a nation, we need a strong defense. Dot Calm felt the same way and was very proud of her daughters when they went into DoJ and DoD. Come to think of it, her whole immediate family had clearances at one time or another....





Yikes...!






Hitler was not an atheist--at least, he never espoused disbelief in God. He was reared Catholic but later grew to dislike and distrust organized religion; nonetheless, he mentioned God frequently in his speeches and writings. He maintained the "God With Us" motto where it already existed and allowed or instructed for it to be placed on German Army belt buckles. Hitler seems to have been influenced by Martin Luther in the dislike and distrust of Jews that led to the Holocaust.


I am seriously digging Pope Francis! As David "Snarky" himself says, "That sound you hear is Conservative heads exploding..."

Pope Urges Catholic Church To Disavow Conservatism And Fundamentalism: The Guardian | November 11, 2015




Shaughn Beck posted a reply on Snarky's page: "Then drop it in my war on Hanukkah cup."