Sunday, October 30, 2005

Support the troops by bringing them home: my letter to Intervention Magazine re the Walter Reed article

I'm against this war for the rich old men at the expense of our young boys and girls. I feel so strongly about this that I marched in Washington, DC, in support of Cindy Sheehan on Sept. 24th. I brought 25 professionally prepared posters and distributed them to fellow marchers.

I want to express my appreciation to these kids in a small, but personal way. I'm planning on making a bunch of cheer-me-up cards and putting a mint or chocolate in each.

You see, I too use a wheelchair. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis eight years ago. But I'm old, and I've lived a good life. These kids are babies and now face the rest of their lives with major handicaps.

God Bless every one of them.

Sincerely,
Dot Calm