Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Unfit to govern or unfit to print?

Have you heard about Mary Mapes’s book, “Truth and Duty: The Press, The President, and the Privilege of Power”?

I was listening to Air America not long ago, and this absolutely blew my mind. Let me explain ...

Remember the to-do with Dan Rather this summer? Well, Dan had taken information from the unpublished version of Mapes’s book ... I guess the most unflattering stuff ... and reported on it ...

Makes sense to me ...

Before a book goes into print, a certain number of copies are available ... I’m guessing that people like Dan Rather and the newspapers have access to those copies ...

Well, Rather’s publication of some unflattering stuff caused the s**t to hit the fan big time. One reporter, whose name I can’t recall at the moment, watched this take place and was powerless to do anything about it ...

The problem now seems to be that all the unflattering stuff has been censored from the book--only abridged copies are available for us freedom-loving Americans ...

So ... if you are interested in buying “Truth and Duty: The Press, The President, and the Privilege of Power,” DO NOT buy it from Wal-Mart unless you want the version that has been redacted to hide the truth from the American Sheeple ...

I’ll bet this is all just fine to many Americans who really have virgin ears and can't deal with the truth ... nope, wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I wonder if the book is listed as fiction or non-fiction ... hmmm.