Saturday, May 26, 2018

Coming up for air...!

Treason's greedings, fellow Resisters, Freedom Fighters, Truth Crusaders, Patriots, and Dot Calm readers!

I'm b-a-a-a-a-ack...specifically from a wonderful event that I helped organize and that I attended last weekend. It was glorious. But then I came back to the "real" world...and all the disgusting, horrible news...

Honestly, dear ones, the tRUmp scandals and outrages are coming too thickly and furiously for me to be able to field them into a cogent post here on le blawg. Every day's n00z is like trying to drink from a firehose--impossible.

Each story on its own would have taken down any other president, but, by inundating us daily in one scandal worse than the previous one ten minutes ago, they are making it impossible for us to focus on any one of them.

That, of course, is the point.

But I won't forget about any of them. I won't forget about Niger, aka tRUmp's worse-than-Benghazi. I won't forget about Puerto Rico, aka tRUmp's worse-than-Katrina. I won't forget about tRUmp's daily emoluments, glad-handing OUR national secrets to the Russian enemy who attacked us, spending OUR tax money like water, lawbreaking and norm-smashing, and violation of his oath of office from the second his face-anus mouthed "I do."

And I won't forget about tRUmp's worse-than-Hitler selling the children of LEGAL asylum seekers to HUMAN TRAFFICKERS.

Democrats need to run on a platform of restoring accountability--getting money out of politics, highlighting the entrenched corruption, and flushing Republican corruption down the Big Jacuzzi.

The House and even the Senate are winnable if Dems care to win them.

The question is whether Dems have the will and the strength to take on the traitors in the GOP.

Tough question, I know.

For decades, I've said that Republicans instigate corruption and grift while Democrats look on in awe, figuring, "Hey, more power to you--if you get away with this, I'll benefit because I'm rich, too."

Dear ones, they're all tainted.
Every one.

But we HAVE to vote straight Democratic--we HAVE to vote straight blue down the line.

If we don't--if we let the repukes keep control of one house of our Congress, we won't have a democracy left to defend any more because they'll finish handing it over to Putin before we get another chance.

Every day that passes gives them more time to entrench their voter suppression and other subversions of our democratic processes.

So, yeah, maybe Democrats aren't perfect.
Maybe they're not "inspiring" or "exciting."

But, yeah--they're all we've got if we still want our democracy to survive.

My advice: pick the least evil of the Dems in your local primaries and then move heaven and earth to get whichever Dem wins your primary--even if it's not your guy or gal--into office.

Just do it.

Friends, we need to make this happen so that we can fucking catch our breath and take on tRUmpence.

Otherwise, we're sunk.

- Dot Calm's shadow

P.S.--don't forget to tune into Dot Calm's shadow's M00bies from the Resistance. Even when I haven't had time to write here, I have been posting videos there. In fact, I'm going to go upload a bunch of vids there once I click "publish" here.