Sunday, January 27, 2013

Vultures In Our Midst

There is a sickening message playing itself out over and over in this country today.

Your loss...my gain!

I had never heard of a family losing its home in all my previous life. And I’ve been around a long time.

Today the words foreclosure, bank owned, upside down mortgage, as is, short sale, and the rest of the new vocabulary for a new America are now as familiar as I think I’ll wash my hair today.

Scavengers sniff thru bedrooms, kitchens, and bathrooms in disapproval of taste, especially color selections, not appreciating that their teenager will paint the walls of their room in at least as hideous a color.

There is something else going on. The family losing its home trashes it before leaving. I'm talking trashes it.

This is a side of America never before exposed. And it isn’t pretty.    

A recently foreclosed property was looked at by a prospective buyer with that familiar greedy enthusiasm and lack of sympathy with no appreciation that he may be next.

Too bad for us.