Sunday, February 12, 2012

Five years ago today, my family's life was shattered

Dear DotCalm,

A teenager armed with a gun he never should have had opened fire in a crowded Salt Lake City shopping mall. He shot me and killed five people, including my beautiful 15-year-old daughter, Kirsten.

After the shooting, I found out that the shooter was too young to legally buy his gun, but a pawn shop sold it to him anyway. The shop is still in business—and even kept the profit it made off this gun sale.

But with the help of the Brady Center's Legal Action Project, we are holding that pawn shop accountable in court.

The shop fought us all the way to the Utah Supreme Court, but the Brady Center's attorneys helped me get my day in court, and we're set for trial this year.


I don't want another mom to lose their child, like I lost my daughter. That’s why I joined with the Brady Center.

Please join me. With your help, we can send a message to gun dealers that people are more important than profits.

Carolyn Tuft Sig Photo Sincerely,
Carolyn Sig
Carolyn Tuft
Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence