Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry ChriFSMas, dear ones!

...Here's hoping all your holidays are merry and bright.

Me?

I'm thankful.

Very, very thankful.

Unlike last year, when we lost every holiday from Halloween to MLK Jr Day included due to a series of medical mishaps, this year, my dad is home, happy, healthy, and here.

We are having a completely low-key, laid-back day today, and I so appreciate it.

We even took a play out of our Jewish friends' play book and ordered Chinese food in for supper tonight.

Yum...burp!

I'm also very thankful that trump was finally impeached--which, I understand, makes him unpardonable (yay!)--and that we do indeed have some semblance of law and order in the land.

George Carlin once said--I paraphrase--that it isn't politicians that suck but our society that sucks. Our politicians come from the same parents, schools, and society that the rest of us do. We have shitty, greedy, selfish, stupid politicians because we have a shitty, greedy, selfish, stupid society. I think there's more than a grain of truth to that, but, unlike George, I don't leave it there.

I say that it's up to us to improve our own personal little localities of society by being the best, happiest selves we can be. In that sense, we DO need to be selfish--we need to keep reaching for those next best-feeling thoughts and feeling our way into being as happy as we can be. Only there, from a position of joy and replenishment, can we help others.

And I see a growing segment of society around the world doing exactly this--realizing that what matters most is being happy and that improving our own happiness helps us help those we love.

So, yay--all is right with the world.

And yes--I am giving thanks!

I hope y'all have a lot to be thankful for this year, too.