Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Greetings, gentle Dot Calm readers!

Happy Tofurky Day!

Ok...happy Turkey Day, too.

I know a vegan who enjoys teasing meat eaters on holidays by announcing, "You are what you eat."

When they pout at being indirectly called a turkey or a ham, she adds, "What do vegans eat? What does that make me?"

A vegetable!

They all titter, harmony restored.

If Dot Calm were here today, she would be wearing her Navajo Sleeping Beauty turquoise necklace, earrings, and ring from Alltribes.com to acknowledge the evil that this country perpetrated and continues to perpetrate on the Native Americans. The set looked something like this:


She bought the set specifically to support our Native Americans, who are still living in third-world conditions right here in the U.S. of A.

If you ever need beautiful silver Navajo or Zuni jewelry, belts, or other accessories for men and women, please support our Native Americans by shopping with http://www.alltribes.com/. I do.

I give thanks today for Dot Calm.

I am grateful for every moment I was allowed to spend with our Brightest Star.

I know that she was in constant pain from the MS, and I know that the disease was making her life harder toward the end by decreasing her function and making it harder and harder for her to move. For her sake, I do not regret her passing. Those of us who knew and loved her miss her terribly, but we are grateful that she is no longer suffering. And we are grateful to have known her at all.

Dot Calm really was "all that"--and a bag of chips.

I was driving home Sunday night, a month to the day after Dot's passing. I was thinking of her, wondering what she would have wanted to blog about that day. From my car window, I saw a shooting star. It caught my eye because it was brighter than anything else in the sky. I could tell from how it moved and ultimately went dark that it was a meteor--not manmade. Maybe the universe sent that ephemeral "brightest star" to commemorate the life and death of Dot Calm, our own beloved Brightest Star.

P.S.--don't forget to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...Dot Calm's favorite! Here comes Santa Claus! (I don't own a TV, so I am watching it live on nbc.com.)

P.P.S.--Conservative Clown Car was considerate enough to post Dot Calm's favorite Thanksgiving video!
No Thanksgiving would be complete without this video of Sarah Palin offering up her famous word salad while turkeys are being slaughtered in the background.