Friday, December 12, 2014


***************************************
IS THE UNITED STATES OFFICIALLY AN
OLIGARCHY?
***************************************
Yesterday was Annie Jump Cannon's birthday. Google acknowledged it by introducing her name to those of us who Google every day. I took a moment to check it out. Cannon was indeed worth the effort.

Annie Jump Cannon appears to have been a genius.
    Too bad she was a woman.
    Yes, this country still has a problem with us.
    When I began my career the first thing I was told was that I was in the wrong business!
    And this was at a large corporation!
    Really?
    The wrong business?
    Guess he thought I should have been working for Bill Cosby!
    I started my own successful business and I never slept with anyone but my husband!
    My two daughters wanted to be altar servers in the Catholic church.
   After serving a few times someone called in and complained!
    The girls were devastated.
    How do you explain that to a seven- and eight-year old?
    It was a blessing when the Catholic high school for girls was forced to close for lack of funds.
   My older daughter was left dangling the whole summer before being accepted to the boys college prep high school.
    Then she was begrudgingly accepted only after all the “sporty” jocks who wanted to go were in.
    It was easier getting her sister in.
   The annoying thing about this shameful treatment of girls in this country is abysmal.

Dot Calm