Thursday, November 02, 2006

This seems to be the issue of my blog where I sound off about all the things that have bothered me with this administration. No, it isn’t an issue of one party or the other controlling the presidency. It is more an issue of one party controlling every aspect of our government. I must share some of the astonishment that overcame my very being as I watched the Republican convention of 2004. I couldn’t shake the feeling that it looked and sounded like a Hitler rally as seen on the History channel. Don’t be silly, I told myself. Then there was the image of the new administration charging into the White House, briefcases in hand. A chill ran down my spine as apprehension racked my physical being. Oh, your imagination is running wild, I told myself. Then came the full frontal attack on Social Security. Massive public outcry was the only thing able to stop that sinister plan in its tracks. But you can bet your denture cream that the administration is still licking its chops for a chance to get its mitts on that money.