Sunday, April 23, 2006

Help Miss Lucy help the kids of NOLA

Sorry I don’t have the address I sent this letter to; please Google it and send whatever help you can!

April 7, 2005

Hello Miss Lucy!

I met you on Extreme Home Make-over. I’ve been staying informed regarding the progress being made after hurricane Katrina. As a handicapped retiree, I make periodic donations of one kind or another. Recently, toothbrushes/toothpaste were sent to folks at The Little Blue House.

This is no time for praise. There is still roll up your sleeves work to be done. I’m supporting the NOLA folks in various ways.

I’m struck by the NOLA children who may not be getting attention in these stressful times.

In this package, I’ve included three letters written by children to children in New Orleans. There are self-addressed, stamped envelopes, along with a blank sheet of lined paper, too.

Will you assign three children capable of writing a short note telling what toy they would like to receive?

This is a small gesture to help make things better. Hopefully, it will teach three children here how to share and help fix a very broken child’s life.

Sincerely,

Dot Calm