Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Plea from Dot Calm: Katrina STILL on My Mind

Please read this letter I wrote to my Senator.
Then please write a check to Habitat for Humanity for whatever you can afford. Thank you!


-----
Dear Senator:

This is an apolitical plea on behalf of the people who lived on the Gulf Coast. I am a private citizen of limited resources. Nevertheless, I see it as my responsibility, indeed, the responsibility of all Americans, to come together to aid our fellow Americans who share this good earth with us at this moment in time.

It is in this spirit I make my appeal. If you can find it within your heart, will you send a personal check, in any amount you feel comfortable with, to the address and organization provided below?

You may already be familiar with Habitat for Humanity. Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalyn, have worked tirelessly for that organization.

John Edwards has mobilized students from our colleges and universities with Opportunity Rocks. Thankfully, young Americans are well represented by their generous response.

It is the people of the poorest neighborhoods that are of most concern. Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto Me, said the Lord. During this season of reflection, Easter and Passover, let us find within our hearts to do even more than we think we can.

Respectfully,

Dot Calm

make check payable to
Habitat for Humanity, Int’l.
121 Habitat Street
Americus, GA 31709