Tuesday, February 21, 2006

HEY, WAKE UP! They are eating OUR lunch!!!

Have you seen the movie ENRON: The Smartest Guys in the Room? How can we sit by and accept what has happened here? Not the least of which is Ken Lay…the very same Ken Lay of ENRON fame in charge of organizing the Bush Coronation -- oops, I meant Inaugural -- Ball! While it is true we no longer enjoy a free press or fair and balanced mainstream media, that DOES NOT excuse us! We are too smart and we have too many resources available, not the least of which is the Internet. Will the citizens of our great democracy be too timid to defend it? Are we too numb or too lazy? Will we feign ignorance? How long will we remain silent? What degree of atrocity will it take for us to find our collective voice? To what degree will we tolerate the trashing of our Bill of Rights? How long will we, the fair minded and compassionate people of America, make excuses like so many schoolchildren: the dog ate my homework...I had no knowledge of the redistribution of the wealth of our country...I had no knowledge of the cooked up reasons that took our great country to war...I had no knowledge of the torture and abuse at the hands of our military...I had no knowledge of the levees…or the convenient, systematic gentrification -- the whitening -- of New Orleans.

But I did.
So did you.
So did we all.
WAKE UP!!!!!